Sunday 11 September 2011

e.l.f Haul Review & Swatches

Hi there everyone today im going to review 3 separate items form e.l.f:
e.l.f Studio HD Powder
e.l.f Studio Mist and Set Spray 
e.l.f Studio Daily Brush Cleaner
I got all of these on eyeslipsface.co.uk the UK site on their 50% off sale in which they have been having alot off lately.  They are brilliant for doing deals and i love going into their facebook page everyday to see what deals they have on sometimes im a good girl and dont give in to temptation but when they have such great deals you just HAVE to buy something dont you :) :) 
Studio HD Powder
e.l.f state:  The high definition loose powder creates a "soft focus" effect to the skin. Masks fine lines and imperfections for a radiant complexion. The incredibly soft and invisible powder is great for on-screen and everyday wear.


This usually costs £6/$6/€7 each but i got this for half price which is even better again....now for even the full price it is definitely worth it.......... it comes in a fairly big black plastic container....It looks extremely elegant and looks more expensive than what you have paid for it i love that....I know you are only getting a black square box but i dont know what it is about it i have had some people saying to me "wow you must have paid a good bit for that " hehehehehe........the box is literally the size of the palm of you hand.........


When you open the lid you will see this powder puff which is quite soft and elegant too but i prefer to use a brush to apply this powder that's just a personal preference of mine.......when you take the powder puff out you will see a sifter with a seal over it now if you dont want to lose too much product i advise to you to poke so holes into the seal that way you save more and only get a little at a time.......
In the 2nd picture you will see that you get a white powder....Its nice very finely milled and so so light........dont worry it applies translucent on your face but caution DON'T USE TOO MUCH you dont need alot for it to do its job......The main reason i dont use the Powder Puff is because the PUFF IS WHITE and the POWDER IS WHITE so you can actually apply too much using it as YOU CANT SEE HOW MUCH YOU HAVE ON THE PUFF!!!!! 
My overall opinion
Using this you'll notice the difference immediately - it really evens out the texture of the skin, mattifies it, and leaves your skin feeling soft and silky.  This is pretty good using under mineral foundations as i have normal to combination skin sometimes i find i can get an oily t-zone depending on the time of the month lol if i use this powder before putting my mineral foundation on it gives me some oil control.......if i use liquid foundation i use this over it....


Does it make you look better in photos?????YES it sort of gives you that Airbrushed look in the photo as the powder does even out some little imperfections you might have.......I do find i can have visible pores in some close up photo that make me cringe and i end up deleting the photo but if i use this you wouldnt notice my pores i love it........It lasts all day so its very suitable for anyone who is doing their own makeup for a wedding.......This is perfect for all skin tones.....


The Cons ??? if you do suffer with dry skin you will find this a little drying especially....but if you moisturise well you wont find this happening.








Studio Mist and Spray
e.l.f states:  Wish you could have a product for your makeup like Hairspray is for your hair? Well…keep your makeup staying in place all day with a radiance boosting invisible hold with our new Makeup Mist & Set. The invigorating mist moisturizes and soothes the skin with key ingredients Aloe, Green Tea, Cucumber and Vitamins A, C & E. The lightweight, comfortable and alcohol free formula improves makeup wearability and prevents color from running or fading. 

Im not going to write a huge essay about this lol:
As you can see you are getting a plastic spray bottle that is 2.02oz......It costs £3.50/$3/€4 each......
How to use:   After you apply your make-up apply one spray to set your make-up. Spray the mist from 12-16 inches from your face. I find 2 sprays of the mist covers my make-up. Let it dry naturally, it dries very quickly anyway. You can also use it during the day to touch up or on bare skin as a bit of a re-freshener.  I used it quite a bit in the summer and it gave me such a great feeling to my face like the feeling you get after washing your face and splashing it with cold water soooooo refreshing........
 
I was a bit weary about this i thought yes i going to spray this and my makeup will run.......especially if i wear mineral foundation......But i was amazed my the results i sprayed and left it....I checked my makeup hours later and it never budged once my mascara didnt even run....my eyeshadow was still in place and my blush looked like i just applied it......It definately holds your makeup in place.....Ive heard mixed reviews about this but maybe people have been either spraying too close or too far but for me it works anyway.   


Studio Daily Brush Cleaner
e.l.f states: An anti-bacterial daily brush cleanser for quick cleaning in-between makeup applications. Disinfects brushes to provide a fresh and clean application every time. Helps to keep your brushes lasting longer for extended use.

This costs £3.50/$3/€4 each for 8.5floz which is a fairly decent amount of product for the price.......I was pleasantly surprised with the size of the bottle.....
Im abit of a clean freak and i hate the fact that anything i use is dirty but i also know washing too much can do more damage that good this is mainly the reason i opt for this.....I liked the idea that i could clean my brushes daily and not do alot of damage to my brushes either......

First Thing I noticed is the smell....It has an antibacterial scent its not too strong but you can smell it and the smell stays on your brush but i love that i love that nice clean smell.....(even in my home im obsessed with cleaning products and if i dont smell it i feel like its dirty) 
The Directions are fairly straight forward  After using your brush, spray several times over the brush bristles. Gently wipe the brush onto a clean cloth to remove make up. Allow brush to fully air dry before next use. Repeat daily or as often as necessary. 
I cant recommend this product enough girls its perfect for everyday use....Now it doesnt remove the make up fully but enough that you can reuse your brushes again without any of the previous makeup mixing with your next......... Plus it gets rid of any bacteria that might form from usage that day !!!!!!This is particularly great for people who suffer alot from eye infections this is great for disinfecting your brushes.....

Just always make sure to wash your brushes fully once a week....

This is well worth the money i have no complaints about this and it has become a regular buy for me.  I love this.  

Well that concludes my review on these everyone if you have any questions as away 
until next time 
Lots of Irish Hugs and Kisses 
Love Nina Carry 


6 comments:

Unknown said...

I have the HD powder and I love it too! Makes your face feel so soft!
I really want to try the brush cleaner! A great thing about it being anti bacterial is that it's good for people that break out easily, as it will reduce the bacteria going into the pores to cause the break out :P Looks like a great product!
Thanks for your review! xo

Unknown said...

no problem mary any time glad it helps xxxx

Velvet said...

As a recently-converted ELF customer, I love the HD powder too - it's so flattering, and I need all of that I can get, being in my late 30s! :-D

I want to try out the face mist, but I have pretty sensitive skin (I usually stick to mineral/natural makeup) and I'm a bit concerned it would break me out or irritate me. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks for a great review!

Unknown said...

Velvet i have pretty sensitive skin too i cant just use anything on my face especially or i will get rashs or break out if you use this the way you are suppose to you have no feer of it effecting you in any bad way at all......:)

Helen L said...

The elf HD powder is amazing, it makes me look brighter and younger.Most of the times I use the spray mist for foiling eye shadows, but I will try it again over my make up as I didn't have much success the first time..

Molly Dyson said...

I love the HD powder and the brush cleaner is amazing!
check out my review on the brush cleaner at; http://www.themake-upcounter.blogspot.co.uk :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...