Sunday 5 May 2013

Day 5: Blog Everyday In May................Fit and Healthy

Hey my beautifuls I am very proud of myself I am on day 5 and still havent missed a day yet wahoo for the Nina baby :) 
I hope you are enjoying these posts I really love the whole challenge thing I havents even looked at the calender with the list of topics we have to write about each day until the day its due as a surprise for myself plus its an extra challenge as I do not have time to plan the post :) 
Todays post is Fit And Healthy: "What do you do to stay fit or be a healthy individual? Share any useful tips and advice. Or tell us about your plans to get healthier."
I am going to be honest straight out to you all I am not one to keep a Health plan or im not a fitness person in any way. I dont stick to any food plan or I have never once entered a Gym. Sounds bad I know but to be honest I never really had the time to go to the Gym not with 5 kids

People are always asking me how I keep trim and healthy looking and I basically answer them the same reply "Its my kiddies who keep me this way" lol because its true.  
When it comes to fitness I have to admit I am in no way fit at all but I do walk alot.  I always bring the kiddies out for a walk (depending on the weather) for an hour a day so that in my eyes is plenty of exercise for the day.  I love playing games and doing activities with my kids and thats what keeps me trim too.  You remember being a child once all you did was run around and play and no matter what you ate as a child you burned it off instantly well whats wrong with lifting a football going to the park and playing footy with the kiddies or going swimming with them or simply bringing them to the park and playing with them lol Jump onto that trampoline its fun and a great way to keep fit.  Getting a bouncing castle for your childs birthday ?? Join in with them who cares who is looking at you its fun and your kids think its so funny that you are jumping with them.  I dont like sitting around all day doing nothing its not in my nature.  Even when I am sitting at the laptop doing my blog posts at some stage I have to get up, do something and go back to it.  
  • Food wise I dont restrict myself against any foods because to be honest I believe once you restrict yourself you crave for it more and that leads to binging on that particular food type be it chocolate, carbs etc.  
  • I believe eat in moderation and your body will not crave for it.  Listen to your body If you crave for something ALLOW YOURSELF WHAT YOU CRAVE FOR but also know when to stop.  
  • I do believe breakfast is the most important meal of the day, if you skip it then you can not function properly a good breakfast means no dipping into the biscuit tin or heading to the shop for a bar of chocolate and a packet of crisps.   
  • Eating out of boredom is a no no because you feel like poo basically try entertaining yourself in other ways like going for a nice relaxing bath, painting your nails or going for a walk.  Your body doesnt need boredom food so dont give in 
  • I suffer with IBS which means that I have had to learn the hard way that White pasta, Too much chocolate, White breads etc is a no no for me so I have had to train myself to buy brown of everything.  Fruits is very hard on my stomach because of IBS which is horrible as I love fruit so I cant eat it but I do stew my fruits and that is easier on my stomach its the same with vegetables I cant eat them raw but I do half cook them as I love a crunch in my veg and that works for me too.  
  • Once you train yourself to shop properly you will be healthy.  Never shop on an empty stomach !!!!!!!!!!! You end up buying foods that you will not even eat or you buy pure junk foods which is ok in moderation but you will notice at the check out that half of your shopping is junk food hmmmmmmm.  
  • I love sweets anything sweet around me is consumed and I will not restrict myself come on its hard to say no to a lovely slice of chocolate cake or a bowl of icecream or a packet of your favourite sweets but there is a thing call portions and once you stick to portions your fine you do not need to go over the portion to be satisfied 
  • I tend go healthy 2 days in the week to give my body a little detoxing time which means I have a healthy dinner lunch etc containing lots of vegetables and either white meat or fish.  
  • I also very rarely fry my food when doing stir frys or cooking meat I either roast or boil and it tastes just as good.  

To be honest ladies and gents at the moment I am actually trying to put on weight which hard to believe is just as hard as trying to lose it as im sure there is some of you out there in the same boat  Believe me there is nothing sexy about been stick thin and its no fun trying to dress.  I am proud of myself lately I have gained weight and went up a dress size but it has been hard to do especially with my busy schedules and especially when I dont want to feel like im a waste bin inside.  I wanted to do this in a healthy way not just totally binge of junk food and end up feeling like crap but thats another blog post when I reach my goal weight and dress size I will be sharing with you all how i did it :) 
Always remember one thing and that is YOUR ARE BEAUTIFUL NO MATTER WHAT SHAPE OR SIZE YOU ARE AND DO NOT CHANGE YOURSELF FOR ANYBODY ONLY YOURSELF !!!!!!! 
Well thats it from me It may or may not be helpful to you all but thats the way my life is at the moment in the fitness and healthy subject 
Until Next Time 
Lots of Love Luck and Laughter 



I love love love hearing from you all :) I make it my duty to read each and every one of you comments and every time i get a comment from you it highlights my day thanks so so much to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2 comments:

Brigitte Honeybee said...

This was such a lovely post. I definitely need to start having a good breakfast and getting outta the house.

You sound so positive and refreshing!
BreezeyBee Blog
xoXo

Just me, Leah said...

Great post! Lots of good advice in there. x x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...