Thursday 18 July 2013

Maybelline Superstay 14hr Lipstick in Stay with me Coral & Always Plum

Hey my beauties How are you all doing today :) 
Because of this fantastic weather we are having I have found I am not wearing as full on make-up as I would normally wear.  But I still have to fill in the auld brows wear a little (or alot) of mascara and of course wear a little suttum on the lips and what better way to distract the fact you are wearing little make-up that to wear the most amazingly noticeable lips ;)
This is where these lippies come into the subject.  
I have never tried Maybellines Superstay 14hr Lipstick before even though they have been out for quite some time now (slap on the wrists) but I have always wanted to try them so when I was shopping on Boots.ie I came across them not only that but there was an offer of buy 1 get 1 half price so I just had to take advantage :) 
Maybelline Claims:
Never drying, always fresh and comfortable, the new SuperStay 14Hr Lipstick offers a multitude of vibrant shades in just one step that delivers a lightweight feel like never a longwear has before. It lasts 14 hours without ever drying, crumbling or feeling tight.
With its super stay power, this lipstick sets you free! Just one application and you’re all set for the day. No dragging, no fading, no drying…..but stunning gorgeous lips and lightweight feather feel!
There are 16 shades to choose from Altogether but on the boots site there are only 10 shades to choose from.  Each Lipstick costs €10.49 each 
 The packaging is very light weight which is what we like dont we.  :)  The lipstick comes in a clear packaging so you can see clearly what shade you are reaching for.  The lid of the lipstick is very sturdy and I love that as I hate lids coming off lipsticks in my handbag then there is all that mess no no :) :) 
I decided on a bright and dark shade one for now the summer and one for the coming Autumn and Winter months 
Stay with me Coral:  Oh my goodness me is this shade the brightest Coral you have ever seen.  Its absolutely stunning plus :)   This has a reddish pinkish undertone to it a lovely warm shade and very very pigmented.  One swipe of this across your lips and you have instance colour.  
Always Plum:  This is for sure a very deep plum shade.  When layered it looks more on the blackberry shade side.  Again one swipe of this baby and you have instant pigmentation.  This is for sure more on the cooler side and will look fantastic especially in the Autumn and winter months.  
They bother apply very easily and unlike most longlasting lipsticks or stains if you make a mistake you have time to fix it up before it sets.  It applys sort of like a moisturising lipstick but them sets to a stickish consistancy.  It does feel slight weird.  To be honest for the summer months when your lips are going to be parched so I will advise you have some clear gloss or balm to apply on top of this before leaving the house with these on.  Even though they say they dont feel drying they do feel a little to be honest but not half as much as some long lasting lipsticks.  As for the claims of lasting 14 hours ??? Hmmmmmm no not at all they look more like a tint after about 9 hours but still that's great going for a lipstick.  
I did find when first applied they are a little transferable as I drank tea and ate but after a while that does not happen, the shade of the lipstick stays put.  
The scent of this lipstick is not strong but you get a sort of vanilla scent which wears away after a while.  
Even though they look matte in the packaging they have a semi-matte finish.  I think If I was to find anything downer about it, it would have to be the fact they feel a little heavy on the lips because of the fact they feel tacky-ish and a little drying but that is why i said make sure to keep a clear glossy or balm with you so you dont feel that.  
So I think they are worth the money?  Well if you are one who does not like topping up every 2 or 3 hours and prefer a lipstick that lasts all day well yes they are worth it.  If you are one who doesnt like the feeling of slightly drying lipsticks or the sticky-ish feeling well this may not be for you.  The good thing about them is they are not too hard to take off either and don't leave a stain that will last for a day or two :) 
Here is the swatches on my lips taken in the sunlight :) 
Some difference eh? 
Would you wear any of these shades?
Have you tried Maybelline Superstay 14 hour Lipsticks?
Until next time 
Lots of Love Luck and Laughter 













I love love love hearing from you all :) I make it my duty to read each and every one of you comments and every time i get a comment from you it highlights my day thanks so so much to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...