Monday 16 September 2013

Rimmel Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara

Well Hellllloooooo Everyone How are you all today?  Wow the weather is vigorously change its crazy how cold its got in recent day and to be honest its looking like we are going to have a hard cold winter :( 
We may start getting the winter woolies out and of course start shopping for new ones ;) Any excuse to go shopping eh ladies :) 
Ok so today I bring you yet another Rimmel review as you have probably seen from my last review I reviewed the latest Rimmel Scandaleyes Thick & Thin Eyeliner that was only released in recent months.   Well I just had to pick up their newest Mascara which was released at the same time.  
I was hoping I would get a better outcome from this than what i got from the eye-liner to be honest so if you want to find out if I did or didn't read on :) :) 
Rimmel London Scandal Eyes Retro Glam Mascara - The 60s are back full swing with a thicker, fuller, wide-eyed look! A wide-eyed false lash look, fanned out volume with NO clumps!
Rimmel Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara is available at superdrug Boots or any pharmacy who sell Rimmel.  I actually found this mascara to be a very reasonable and affordable price at €8.65 each for 12mls. 

If you are a fan of the 60s retro makeup looks you will be just as curious as me to see if this gives you the full voluptuous lashes they had in the 60s.  I couldnt wait to try it out.  The Packaging is true retro style with its black and white design love it :) 
You may notice the want is an hour glass shape which is suppose to help achieve fuller longer lashes.  Some people fear of the giant brush even I do sometimes especially when i have created a look on my eyes that I do not want ruined lol.  I do find this brush a little big but it fits perfectly for my lashes and I can instantly see and feel each and every lash been grabbed my the brush.  

On the first application I could instantly see how black the mascara is it actually amazed me to be honest as its not often you get instant jet black lashes on the first coat.  I tried this without curling my lashes which is something I never do as I have stubborn straight lashes.  I noticed an instant curl also on the first coat.  I was very very impressed :) 
Ok i am going to show you a photo with me wearing not makeup ok so dont get a fright and it will also explain why im not smiling hahaha  but I have applied one coat of this mascara on to show you the instant curl and blackness you will get 

The formula on this mascara is very impressive i have to say normally when you first apply an mascara it can be nearly too wet and take some time to dry but with this one yes it is moist but not as much.  I did also find I made a little mess as you see in the photo and that can be hard for first timers but simply use a card of any sort place it on your lid and whip on the mascara mess free thats what I tend to do when I have a full look going on :) 
I found 2 coats to be more than enough to create amazing looking lashes and I am happy to report no clumping, no flaking and no smudging :) :)  I have even been caught out in pouring rain as it is typical in Ireland lol and I found no smearing or panda eyes as a result.  :) Happy Days :) 
Here is a look I done recently using the mascara and as you can see it shows amazing results 

So overall as you can tell at this stage I really like this mascara and it gets a Nina's Thumbs up Well done Rimmel :) : 
Have you tried this mascara yet?
What's your thoughts on it :) 
Until next time 
Lots of Love Luck and Laughter 












I love love love hearing from you all :) I make it my duty to read each and every one of you comments and every time i get a comment from you it highlights my day thanks so so much to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Eye makeup looks great!

xXx

Unknown said...

This mascara is really nice! I really want to try it now (:

Cosmetish said...

Def want to try this!

Miranda @ Slashed Beauty said...

I recently picked up the regular scandaleyes mascara and absolutely love it! No clumps whatsoever. The retro glam brush looks similar to Too Faced better than sex mascara! Much cheaper alternative though. Looks great on you!

S said...

I have this and I really, really like it too! I never usually like mascaras with big brushes because I always end up poking myself in the eye, but I think I will repurchase this one, I was really impressed with it. x

Anonymous said...

I love Rimmel mascara's one of my go to's is the one in the orange tube! I'll have to give this one a try! I love the eye look at the end of the post as well, very pretty. I am a new follower on both GFC & Bloglovin'. Found ya on the makeup Monday linky!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...