Wednesday 11 September 2013

Sharing the Love #23: Interview with Simone from Simone Loves Makeup

Hello Everybody How are you all today :) 
Today I have the Lovely Adorable Simone.  I have been following Simones blog and Youtube channel for quite some time now and she is amazing.  She does lots of different post and videos.  From reviews to OOTD to amazing affordable finds in clothing beauty cosmetics everything.  She writes articles for magazines such as Grazia, friday magazine and Ohlala Magazines.  Her Blog is full of of everything I love it.  She even writes about where she lives and has some amazing photos to show how beautiful Dubai is and most of all she is Irish :) :) She is also a busy mum :) :) phew im exhausted even thinking about how busy her life is but If I were her I would be loving it too.  :)  Here is my interview with Simone I hope you enjoy :) 


1.  Hey Simone Welcome to my blog :) :) Can you tell us a little about yourself :) 
  I'm from Galway originally but I live in Dubai with my husband and our one year old son. I've been here for a year and before that we lived in Bahrain and Singapore. I got into makeup when I was really young and have been addicted ever since. Being able to try out different brands and being exposed to different makeup looks and trends in really diverse areas of the world has been absolutely amazing. I have some really crazy makeup in my collection!

2.  Tell us a little about your blog 
 I started my blog Simone Loves Makeup when we lived in Singapore and originally, it was a bit of a mish mash of everything. By the time we moved to Bahrain it was full on beauty and I was blogging almost every day about new product discoveries, monthly favourites and lots of other slap related topics. I actually emailed Jane from British Beauty Blogger around this time and she gave me lots of amazing advice (which she still continues to do!) and helped me to really get my foot into the beauty blog scene.

3.  What inspired you to start up your blog 
 It was an even balance of wanting to blog about living away from home and my love for makeup. I trained as a makeup artist quite a few years ago and so I would often get messages on Facebook and emails from friends asking me about different products and what sort of look they should wear to events and so on, so it just grew from there. 

4.  What is your dream job?
  I'm one of those sickening people who actually works in their dream job would you believe! I work in publishing here in Dubai, I'm an Editor for a lifestyle magazine in the general consumer sector. Before that I worked for an Arab owned fashion and lifestyle magazine and I was previously on the payroll at Grazia magazine. I love my job and I love going to work every day. I meet some great people and get to do lots of cool stuff.

One of Simones Photos of Dubai
5.  Can you share with us some of your favourite blogs to read ?
 Yes! I love Happily Grey by Mary Seng and Lyla Loves fashion by Zahra Lyla, they both have amazing style and Zahra lives in Dubai most of the year so I can nag her about where she bought everything! I check Viva Adonis every day as Sinead and Dee are good friends of mine and they always blog about gorgeous products. Love Taza is another favourite, a super cute family who blog about their day to day lives and Steffy's Pros and Cons is my latest obsession - she has amazing style and takes beautiful pictures. 

6.  Your favorite skin care, hair care and makeup products?
 Guerlain Orchidee Imperiale and Nuxe Micellar Cleansing Water with rose petals are my absolute skincare additions. I think I'm already on bottle number five of the micellar water. Chanel Le Volume De Chanel Mascara is my all time favourite, Laura Mercier Silk Crème Foundation, Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Liner and Bourjois Rouge Edition lipsticks are in my day to day essentials drawer. I'm all about long-lasting, heat and humidity resistant products, and they do the job. For haircare, I'm a bit obsessed with having massive hair so Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray, TIGI Queen for a Day volumising spray and John Frieda volumising blow-dry lotion are always on rotation. I also use Davines Refreshing Mist Dry Shampoo, it's water based and absolutely sensational at perking up two or three day old hair and adding volume. I also use Davines Glorifying Shimmering shampoo, which is amazing. 

7   If you could give one piece of advice to someone who is thinking of starting up their own blog what would it be?
To blog about whatever you want, in whatever style you want, whenever you feel like it. A blog is a really personal thing and you should enjoy doing it. From a more technical side of things, it's important to make good use of social media channels as it will get your blog out there more. 

8.  Can You tell us what is in you handbag?? (hehehe I like been nosey?  Include a picture ?
 There is a lot of crap in my handbag! An iPhone, Jane Iredale facial mist, makeup, keys, too many lipsticks and dettol wipes!

9.  Where else apart from your blog can we find you aka twitter facebook etc. 
I have a Facebook page which I'm on quite a lot www.facebook.com/simonelovesmakeup and I am an instagram addict www.instagram.com/simonescribes


10  Any last words for us :) 
 Thanks for featuring me Nina, I'm so thrilled that you asked me to be part of this series as you have interviewed some amazing Irish bloggers. 


Thank you so much Simone for agreeing to take part I really enjoyed reading your answers.  I hope you all enjoyed the interview and if you own a blog or channel or both and wish to take part comment below or email me at dear-nina@hotmail.co.uk I have available slots and will be awaiting your mail 
Until next time 
Lots of Love Luck and Laughter 















I love love love hearing from you all :) I make it my duty to read each and every one of you comments and every time i get a comment from you it highlights my day thanks so so much to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...