Monday 14 April 2014

Seventeen Cheek Stamp Blush Review

Hello My beauties I hope you are all well today 
Ok as you have probably noticed I have never ever tried the brand Seventeen before.  I think mainly because I thought the brand was directed mostly to teens out there.   I was wrong in fact Seventeen makeup has been out since 1962 imagine :) 
I was browsing through boots one day and I spotted these little guys which were a new release by Seventeen I was intrigued and thought they looked so cute :)  I researched a little about them and found out they were out before as part of Seventeens Spring Limited Edition Collection last year  They were seemingly bought back due to popular demand.  
There are 5 shades available in total and cost €6.29 from Boots and there is currently an offer of 3 for 2 so if you are interested in trying them out after this review you will get a good bargain ;) 

Ok I have to say at first the packaging was what caught my eye with these and usually packaging is not a big deal to me but in all fairness you have to admit yourself it looks pretty, girly and very unusual :) :) 

I love the inside packaging too.  You are getting an hour glass shaped blush.  Each blush is colour coded so you will have no problem picking which one you want.  There is a mirror on top of each one, always perfect for travelling or checking out your makeup in a hurry ;) 
The blush has a twistable lid which inside contains an attached sponge :) 


 The Sponge is protected by a round see through plastic seal in which you replace on the sponge each time you use the blush for hygienic reasons of course as the oils from your face would transfer to the blush once you place the sponge on top.  
On the other half is where the blush is :)  To be honest it looks quite little when you do have a look in.  


The sponge is worked by a spring which means the more the product goes down the further the spring with go to reach it so there is no worries there.  You will feel the spring work immediately from the time you put the sponge in or close the product up.  The blush lifts quite well so it takes little effort to load up the sponge what I do is dip and turn a little and the sponge is full of blush 


The instructions say stamp blusher onto the apples of your cheeks and blend for a flush of Spring colour.  
The 2 shades I got where the only shades available the day I got them as they sold out very quick in my area so I thought I would give them a whirl anyway :) 


The cheek of it :  This has shimmer in it so if you are not a glittery/shimmer blush fan you might not like this one.  This is a nice peachy bronzey shade.  I have to admit its a little too much on the shimmery side for me.  I like shimmer blushes especially those that give you a nice glow but this is not for me as the colour is a little sheer on my and the more I build it the more shimmer goes onto my cheeks.  I think the only ones who will get colour pay off from this would be people who have fair skin :)   Its still very pretty and very easy to apply 


Made you Look:  I love this name because wearing this blush will surely make people look.  This is a bright fuchsia Pink blush with tiny specks of shimmer in fact the tiny specks are not even noticeable once swatched but you do end up with a nice glow to the cheeks.  A tiny bit of this goes a long way so be very careful :)


In all honesty the stamp sponge is great for applying the blush to the apples of the cheeks but blending out with the sponge is a little hard to work with I would much prefer the brush to blend out.  Also waiting for your foundation to dry first before stamping this blush on would be a need otherwise you are going to find it even harder to blend that stamp out.  I like the idea around it but I am too used to applying blush with my brushes and that's what I ended up doing with this blush after a few goes its easier and quicker :)  The blushes themselves are very smooth and soft and quite pigmented they last for most of the day without any touch ups :)  
The shades is something I probably would have thought twice about getting for myself in all honesty as they are not shade I wouldnt usually reach for but for some of you out there you might like these shades :) :)  I will go back and see if the store has stocked up on the other to try them out 
Have you tried these yet?
Whats your thoughts on them 
Until Next time 
Lots of Love Luck and Laughter 


















I love love love hearing from you all :) I make it my duty to read each and every one of you comments and every time i get a comment from you it highlights my day thanks so so much to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

4 comments:

Loevens said...

Nice review. I have been eyeing these blushes since they came out as limited editions. But I have not yet dared to place an order on boots. Like you, I thought the brand to be something for teens. But I definately think I will be picking up one, NeXT time I order from boots.

Loevens

Forever Miss Vanity said...

Those are beautiful colours. I love Seventeen cosmetics - I have their eyebrow pencil.

xx

http://www.forevermissvanity.com/2014/04/soap-glory-event.html

Jess | The Indigo Hours said...

Made You Look looks gorgeous, have to agree that the sponge doesn't seem like the easiest way of applying them, though :/

Jess xo

Unknown said...

I had not even heard of these before... What an interesting concept. Except I think Id be like you.. Too used to using a brush to want to use them! lol

Thanks so much for linking up to Makeup Monday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...