Sunday 29 January 2012

MUA Immaculate Collection Palette Review

Hey Everyone now here is an overdue review i must say! 
This is MUA (Makeup Academy) 1st ever 24 piece eyeshadow Palette.  Its first came out on the site in October '11.  It costs £8 to buy and is available in selected Superdrug stores or online on the MUA site.  Thats where i purchased it as there was a great deal going around christmas time where if you spent £8 you got this palette for free!!! Now if thats not a bargain well i dont now what is lol.  

When i first seen this on the site i was so curious about it.  If it was going to be as pigmented as the single eyeshadows in which i love.  I have never tried any on MUA's Palettes only their single £1 eyeshadows.  So i couldnt wait to get my hands on it.  When it finally came i was in awwwwww with the site of it.  On the Site its states "MUA Pro's fantastic collection of 24 highly pigmented eye shadows with both matte and shimmer finish to suit every tone and taste. This must have beauty bargain offers ladies a unique palette containing a selection of the hottest new A/W fashion forward eye shadows as well some of MUA’s best selling much loved shades from brown shimmer tones to nude and natural hues"
So are you getting what it says? Well read on and find out :) :) 

I was amazed with the selection of eyeshadows in this palette i really was and still am.  You know ladies when you buy a palette with a good few eyeshadows in it you always find some eyeshadows in it you probably would never use or even rarely use.  Well not on this palette believe me.  Thats what impressed me straight away.  Every shadow that you could need is in this baby!  
The one thing i noticed was that none of these are names they are numbered but thats not a problem :) 
Another thing we always look out for in a palette is a good black pref ably a matte black well guess what thats what you get in this palette :) 
I love the idea of having a matte and shimmery eyeshadow palette to have that option of having day and night looks out of the one palette and of course you have that here.
Most of all whats more important is PIGMENTATION and let me tell you one things for sure that these shadows are unbelievably pigmented i was shell shocked.  
So on with the swatches and then i will talk more 
Row on Shades 1 - 8
 First of all let me just say that all of these swatches were made with no primer and pictures were taken in daylight.  
I love these shades but have to admit the black took a few extra swatches to come out this strong on the photo and i also found the last shade (which is a beautiful highly pigmented pink) to be a little more chalkier than the rest so expect so fall out with this shade but with a good base for it this shade really really comes out strong and a little of this shadow goes a long way 
Row 2 Shades 9 - 16
 Most of these shades are highly pigmented.  I really love the gold on this row its again a little chalky but so highly pigmented that you only need a small amount for a good strong payoff.  There was just one shade on this row that disappointed me pigmentation wise and im sure you can see yourselve was the lilac the 5th from the left.  I even swatched this shade about 5 times and couldnt get a good colour payoff it was actually very difficult to get the colour out of the pan.   
Row 3 Shades 17 - 24
Again this row had brilliant pigmentation. My most most favourite shade from this row is the 3rd shade with is the most fabulous green oh its just wowwwww.  The 4th and 7th shade on this row took a couple of extra swatches to show up like this on the photo.  

My Overall opinion of this palette im sure you can guess is good.  I think this palette was well thought out.  You can use this for day time looks and night time looks.  This is well suitable for anyone on travel.  I actually can say this is one i would reach for quite a bit.  With a good primer these eyeshadows do last all day.  Some of them need a base aswell to show their real potential.  If there was a fault in this palette i would say that the matte shades are definitely not as pigmented as the shimmery ones but you can work with them.  
Is it worth the £8?  100% yes i have to say its worth even more.  My sister thought i paid at least £20 guessing on this so that says alot :) 

So that completes my Review today everyone.  If you have any questions about this please comment below i do make it my business to answer anyone who comments on my blog :) 
I hope you enjoyed my review :)
Lots of Love Luck and Laughter 
Nina C
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Definitely going to get this :) xx

Unknown said...

Its lovely you will really like it hunny :)

Anonymous said...

ooo i love this! all the colours are so pretty for spring ad summer! xo

pebbz | www.pebbzblog.blogspot.com

Fizzy! said...

a lovely helpful review. I own this palette and I am in love with it. ur newest follower here.
and hey! I invite u to visit my blog. Do follow if u like it. I'd be real glad.
http://fabiliscious.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Just about to buy this! Check out my blog?
http://thenovemberedition.blogspot.com

Letistella said...

This was very useful! thank u!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...